April 3-5, 2019 Omaha System International Conference (Eagan, Minnesota)
- April 3: Omaha System Basic Workshop Pre-Conference. Designed to introduce, describe, and practice the terms and definitions of the Omaha System with the focus on case studies.
- April 4-5: The Omaha System International Conference: A Key to Practice, Documentation, and Information Management. Offers opportunities for those in practice, education, research, and software development to discuss current and future use of the Omaha System in diverse settings. The host school will be the University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing, Austin, Texas. Good information, good networking, good food!
Registration and Details:
- Coming soon: The flier with details about speakers, agenda, and more, as well as online registration and payment will be posted soon.
- An application for continuing nursing education credit will be submitted.
- Because of contact hour rules, the registration form asks for license numbers of all USA clinicians. Nurses, social workers, physicians, therapists, and all other health care providers who have current professional licenses in the USA need to provide their license number and the state where issued regardless if they wish to claim credit for attendance or not.
Location: Eagan, Minnesota is a suburb of Minneapolis-St. Paul, just eight miles from the airport and Mall of America.
- Map of the conference/hotel locations plus airport shuttle information
- Conference site: Eagan Community Center
- Lodging: Marriott SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan. Call 651-686-0600 to book and mention you are with the Omaha System International Conference.
Posters: Call for posters! Share your valuable Omaha System experiences by presenting a poster focusing on research, evaluation, education, practice, or informatics experiences. Poster presenters must register for the conference before 2/15/19. See template below for submitting abstracts.
- Download the 2019 poster abstract template (Microsoft Word document). Poster abstracts due January 15, 2019; notification will be sent by February 1, 2019. Email abstracts to Lynn Choromanski.
- View examples of four poster abstracts accepted in 2013.
Awards: Three awards will be presented during the conference! The awards will recognize individuals who have excelled in Omaha System-related practice, education, and research. Recipients will receive a certificate and a $150 check. Follow directions in the below packet to nominate a worthy colleague.
- Download and complete the 2019 Award Nomination Packet (PDF fillable form). Applications are due January 15, 2019; notification will be sent by February 1, 2019. After downloading the PDF file, fill in Page 3; next click File, Save As, and save the PDF to your computer. Email the nomination form and all supporting documents to Madeleine Kerr, PhD, RN.
Exhibitors: Details coming soon.
Drawing for Gift Cards: Details coming soon.
Omaha System Partnership Meeting and Recognition: Details coming soon.
Planning Committee: Thanks to Lynn Choromanski, RN-BC, PhD; Jeana Holt, DNP, RN, FNP-BC, APNP; Karen E. Johnson, RN, PhD, FSAHM; Karen S. Martin, RN, MSN, FAAN; Karen A. Monsen, RN, PhD, FAAN, FAMIA.