The Safe Routes to School program is operated by the Michigan Fitness Foundation, under contract with the Michigan Department of Transportation. The training is designed to help develop solid Safe Routes to School applications (later on, after the planning process is complete) that can reasonably expect to be funded.
Each training will consist of hands-on sessions designed to help you build or sustain a SRTS project. Presentations will share best practices and success stories from some of Michigan’s most innovative projects. Break out session topics include:
- Navigating the Planning Process
- Navigating the Application Process
- Students at the Center: Youth Engagement and Leadership with SRTS
- Building Sustainable District-Wide SRTS Programs
- Asset Mapping: From Resources to Volunteers
- Diversify and Amplify: Leveraging Partnerships to Strengthen Your Program
If you are a public health professional, principal, teacher, school transportation supervisor, city planner, road authority, or community member, this training is for you. All trainings are FREE, but registration is required as space is limited.
For more information, click here.