Learn from a Lansing-based communications expert consultant who has worked with state and local government and different communications mediums/channels, etc.
- How news is developed today; why they want you
- Ground rules for working with reporters & the public
- A look at print, radio, TV, and social media
- Proactive newsmaking & reactive newsmaking
- Shaping a narrative & delivering a great interview
- Preparation; background materials, talking points, etc.
- Identifying your stakeholders
- Message delivery techniques; conducting an interview
- Answering tough questions
- Partner interview practice
- Crisis response
- Developing a clear voice
- Group exercise: Reviewing mission statements
This training is free! Local public health professionals who have attended in the past have found this training refreshing and one of the best communications trainings they have participated in.