Student Internship Funding Application
The Region V Public Health Training Center is pleased to announce a funding opportunity for undergraduate and graduate student internships taking place in the summer of 2022.
Funds are available for a limited number of students to receive stipends of $3500 for their field placement. Applications will be reviewed on a competitive basis until April 15, 2022.
To qualify for this award, the following criteria must be met:
- Graduate or undergraduate student is enrolled full-time or part-time at their institution, where they are earning a degree in public health, nursing, social work, behavioral health, or other health profession
- This opportunity is open to students studying a health profession at academic institutions in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, or Wisconsin
- Students must be US citizens, non-citizen US nationals, or foreign nationals possessing a visa permitting permanent residence in the US
- Student has accepted an unpaid internship that will take place this summer (e.g., May/June - August/September)
- Placement sites must be focused on providing services in a medically underserved community in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, or Wisconsin
- Internship meets student’s departmental requirements for hours and content
- Field placement project supports population health improvement and addressing the social determinants of health
Complete applications will include:
- Application Survey
- Letter from placement site preceptor (uploaded with survey)
Awardees will be notified by the end of April. Preference will be given to students choosing internships in local governmental health and community-based health organizations.
These funds are made available by a grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
Students who receive this stipend will be expected to participate in a monthly community of practice for professional development with students from across the region, and will need to produce a deliverable that can be shared with HRSA such as a scientific poster, presentation slides, or brief report.
Please contact Phoebe Kulik at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.