Under general supervision of the Health Officer, provides support for the administrative section of the Health Department. Performs secretarial and other office duties and is responsible for acquiring knowledge of departmental practices and procedures. Exercises independent judgment.
Annual Salary $40,559 - $54,353
Full Time; 37.5 Hours/Week
Job Title- Executive Staff Assistant
· Serves as liaison between department and other County departments or outside agencies and organizations; provides information regarding departmental policies and procedures.
· Handles important contacts with customers and the general public which are vital to the department's operations.
· Performs complex secretarial duties requiring knowledge of department rules and regulations and the exercise of independent judgment.
· Compiles information and statistics; prepares a variety of reports.
· Maintains Medical Examiner reports, permits and financial records.
· Oversees administrative office supplies and inventory; orders supplies according to established procedures.
· Supervises filing of records; maintains filing system.
· Acts as assistant to the Department’s Administrative Team and is secretary to the Director of the Department.
· Oversees the functioning and staffing of the department switchboard operations.
· Oversees the department’s transportation services.
· Completes special projects and assignments.
For application, contact:
Berrien County Personnel
701 Main Street
St. Joseph, Michigan 49085
Berrien County is an Equal Opportunity Employer