MPHI is a Michigan-based and nationally engaged, non-profit public health institute. We are a team of teams, process and content experts, dedicated to building A world where tomorrow is healthier than today!
Title: Communications Coordinator – Health Equity
$28.84 - $36.06 / Posted Thru: 8-15-22
Limited Term - 1 year - Extension Possible
Location: Remote/Virtual - Must Be a Michigan Resident
Purpose: The Communications Coordinator – Health Equity will oversee OEMH communication needs and manage day-to-day communications operations. This position will directly assist the Office of Equity and Minority Health (OEMH) in conducting a wide range of professional communications including writing, designing, and editing content. The position will receive guidance from and collaborate with the MDHHS Communications Office. This position will provide subject-matter expertise on cultural and linguistic appropriate communication strategies to internal stakeholders and contracted organizations. This position with work with the Grant Manager to develop and maintain a mechanism for the creation and execution of paid, earned, digital and social media campaigns for the Regional Health Equity Advisory Councils, COVID racial disparities efforts, and other OEMH/REDI equity communications needs. This position is responsible for social media planning, measurement of communications reach analytics, and reports as required by funder and/or OEMH Leader upon request.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of strategic advertising and marketing plans for OEMH that integrate digital communications, social media and other advertising, direct mail and more.
- Provide training and technical assistance to Regional Health Equity Councils and other stakeholders related to developing and implementing communications and advertising with an emphasis on addressing health equity and cultural competency.
- Oversee appropriate approvals prior to implementation of campaigns for OEMH, Councils and other stakeholders and assist with the implementation process.
- Assist in executing and evaluating OEMH’s outreach and communication strategies to inform and educate the public and other targeted audiences.
- Prepare reports, PowerPoints, newsletters, deliverables, and compose correspondence relative to the Regional Health Equity Advisory Councils and other stakeholders as applicable.
- Establish and maintain positive, strong, credible, professional, and interpersonal relationships with all parties relevant to OEMH/REDI/MDHHS projects.
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and trends through research, external networking, and membership/participation in key organizations.
- Remain current on literature in communications, advertising, project management and other areas as applicable.
- Always represent the best interests of MDHHS and MPHI.
- Other duties as assigned.